The best and most effective way to protect your assets and ensure they’re distributed to the proper heirs is to create a last will and testament. In Queens, New York, get the highest quality and most comprehensive estate planning and probate representation from Albert Maimone & Associates, P.C. These lawyers for estate planning are based in College Point, Queens, help you create your will, and they’re available to help you navigate the sometimes complicated route of probate law if a loved one dies and you’re named the estate executor. Call these lawyers for a free consultation.
What Is Estate and Probate Law?
Probate law involves all the legal processes that surround the appropriation of authority for someone to handle an estate after a person has died. These legal processes are in place to give someone, normally a spouse or close family member, the authority over a deceased person’s assets.
An estate planning attorney is well-versed in estate and probate law. This estate attorney is the one who handles all the administration processes following the death of the estate owner. When it comes to drafting wills and trusts or assigning power of attorneys in the five boroughs of New York City, find the best estate planning lawyers at Albert Maimone and Associates.
These lawyers for estate planning have extensive experience in dealing with estate and probate law. They guide you through the planning process for protecting your loved one’s assets. Your Queens estate lawyer also takes the reins to provide you with a complete array of estate administration services so you don’t have to deal with it.
How Can an Estate Lawyer Help Me?
Estate planning lawyers help you decipher some of the specific language that surrounds the technicalities of a last will and testament. NYC estate planning lawyers who specialize in this type of law answer your questions and provide assistance with a range of issues involved in probate, such as:
- Will probate. This official court process determines the validity of a deceased person’s will and decides how any remaining assets should be distributed. Parties usually involved in the will probate process include executors, personal representation, creditors and potential beneficiaries.
- Estate administration. This involves tying up the loose ends of a deceased person’s finances with proper distribution of the assets, according to the existing will.
- Spousal and other beneficiary rights.Your Queens, New York estate lawyer helps you to understand your rights as a spouse or life insurance beneficiary. These lawyers clear up any questions concerning joint bank accounts, co-owned real estate and any other shared assets that exist.
- Lost will hearings. These hearings occur in the case of a misplaced, damaged or lost will. A probate hearing may be held to determine the allocation of assets. A new will may be drafted if necessary.
An estate lawyer is available to help you handle property and assets following a person’s death. If you have recently become the power of attorney for an estate or acquired property and other assets due to the passing of a loved one, you may have a lot of questions about what to do next. Decisions can be difficult, especially if there is a lost, invalid or non-existent will.
What People Say
Albert was a recommendation from a friend, and we were very grateful for this because Albert and his team were empathetic with our situation (this was an estate sale that was long and arduous). Albert went above and beyond for us by communicating with the estate lawyers, diligently reviewing and correcting all documents, negotiating on our behalf and most importantly was always willing to assist us (he was superb with his follow-up and replies to any of our inquiries). Thank you Albert! We highly recommend him!
What People Say
Ive used Albert Maimone for about 5 years and he has always looked out for me. He helped me purchase my house and get my mortgage and has also helped me out with tennant non payment cases .When ever i have a question or concern he always gets back to me fast and his rates a very reasonable. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in the law field, and his track record speaks for its self .Very simply he treats his clients like his family and i appreciate that.I look foward to keep using Albert in my future financial transactions. In conclusion I Highly Highly Highly recommend Albert Maimone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What People Say
I have used Mr Maimone for three property closings and I must say here is a Man you can trust with your life. He protects his clients to no end in one deal he found so many loop holes in the contract that no one else would ever take the time to find,it was amazing, so much so that at the closing the other sides Attorney could not stop praising Mr Maimone to the point he had to admit that he had learned so much from working with Mr Maimone. I recommend him to all My family and friends and always have them raving to me on how great he is after they use him in my eyes he's the best and I would never use anyone else.
What Does an Estate Planning Lawyer Do for Me?
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork and decisions that need to be made following the passing of a loved one. The main goal of estate attorneys is to alleviate some of this stress by compiling all documents necessary to carry out the will of the deceased. Estate planning lawyers also help you:
- Draft wills and trusts by compiling the historical and financial information to help you draft a will and set up a trust for any benefactors.
- Outline a living will that may involve drafting a title, naming an executor and organizing a complete inventory of assets to create a living will.
- Appoint guardians, which grants the authority for a person to obtain legal guardianship over another. This is to cover any minors or persons unable to make legal decisions for themselves.
- Direct a power of attorney to speak for you in legal and financial matters.
Estate planning lawyers take the stress out of what can be a difficult time in life. Having financial plans in place before a person’s passing can take a lot of the weight off a family or individual in the aftermath of that death. Lawyers for estate planning at the highly rated Albert Maimone & Associates boutique law firm assist you with preparing the correct financial documents, organizing tax information and drafting living wills.
When Should I Hire an Estate Lawyer?
Hire a lawyer if you’ve recently acquired assets from a deceased person, you’re working on your own will or you’re interpreting an existing will. Engage the services of an estate attorney with in-depth knowledge of the New York State and federal regulations surrounding probate law.
Your lawyers for estate planning help you protect assets and make sure that all conditions and terms of the deceased’s will are explained and followed. Hiring an estate lawyer ensures that your assets are passed down to the people of your choosing, and that your wishes in your will are carried out. You should consider hiring an estate planning lawyer if you:
- Own a business. An estate lawyer who’s also proficient in business law helps you organize the assets of your business and draft any documents necessary to outline ownership.
- Want to set up a trust. Your attorney can draft a legal contract, allocating a trustee to manage your assets according to your wishes before and after death. An estate planning attorney also steps in as the trustee of your estate when needed.
- Need oversight for appropriation of assets. This occurs when an asset is taken out of the overall pool of assets within the estate and transfers the equity in that asset to a named beneficiary.
- Must locate beneficiaries. Lawyers for estate planning guide you through the inheritance process so that all funds and assets are given to the correct beneficiaries.
Estate Planning Attorney Near Me in Queens, NY: Trusted Local Experts
If you’re looking for an estate planning attorney near you, Albert Maimone & Associates is here to help. We are a team of experienced estate planning lawyers who can help you create a will, trust, living will, and other legal documents that ensure that your wishes are carried out after you die. We also provide various other estate planning services, such as asset protection, probate administration, and elder law planning. We understand estate planning and can explain your options in clear and concise language, whether you are creating a will for the first time or need help with more complex estate planning matters.
If you searched for an ‘estate attorney near me‘ or ‘estate lawyer near me‘ in Queens, NY, but could not find one, contact us today at (718) 555-5555 to schedule a free consultation. Conveniently located in the heart of Queens, on College Point, the south by Whitestone Expressway and Flushing, and in close proximity to residents of Bayside, Rego Park, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Flushing, and Forest Hills, our estate planning attorneys are here to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible.
Why Is Probate Necessary for Me?
Without validation of a will, a deceased person’s wishes may not be carried out. In New York State, this process takes place in the Surrogate Court in the county where the person has died. An executor of the state is appointed to oversee the distribution of assets.
Contact an estate attorney at Albert Maimone & Associates for a free consultation with a highly experienced attorney in Queens who focuses on estate and probate law. Receive comprehensive estate planning and probate representation and the highest quality legal services without the big firm legal fees.
Albert Maimone & Associates P.C.127-16 14th Avenue
College Point, Queens, NY 11356 (718) 357-1216