Whenever you want to establish a new business or dissolve an existing business in New York City, you need a legal team on your side to help you navigate the complexities of New York law. You can find the best business attorneys at the Albert Maimone & Associates, P.C. law practice. Based in College Park, Queens, this law office covers all New York City, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx and Staten Island, as well as Suffolk and Nassau counties. Call today for a free consultation to see for yourself that they live up to their motto: Helping clients get the results they need.
What’s the Law Concerning Opening or Closing a Business?
Business law is the set of regulations and laws that guide operations of business organizations. This section of code protects the rights of business owners and their businesses. It also maintains order, helps resolve business disputes and regulates the relationships of businesses with government agencies and individuals.
Every state has a set of regulations for businesses operating within its jurisdiction. In New York, the law regulates the formation and resolution of business entities, including their practices, ethics and taxation matters. NY business law also covers competition and antitrust issues, employee rights and privileges, and shareholder and operating agreements.
New York business law is complex, so you require the best legal advice. The attorneys at New York’s Albert Maimone & Associates law practice provide guidance with the diverse issues related to business law, including opening, closing, buying or selling a business. This Queens-based boutique law practice serves businesses in all five NYC boroughs as well as Nassau and Suffolk counties.
What’s Involved in Opening a Business?
New York State offers immense opportunities for business startups across all industries. Small businesses make up a large part of the businesses in the Empire State. To set up a successful business entity in this competitive business environment, consider the requirements of the process, such as:
- Select your business idea. Start by determining your interests, skills, resources and availability, as well as the needs of your community. A worthwhile business idea may take time to develop.
- Choose a business name. Choose a distinguishable name that’s both unique and recognizable from the others already filed with the New York Department of State. Different business entities have specific name requirements, so you’re advised to consult a business lawyer to guide you in the procedure to reserve the name.
- Create a business plan. Once you have a business concept, create a business plan that actualizes the idea. A business plan includes its description and structure, market research and strategy, financial projections and management structures. You can use the plan to secure funding for your startup.
- Choose the right legal structure. You have the option of registering your business as a sole proprietorship, partnership or limited liability company (LLC) in New York State. Your business lawyer may advise you on other business structures such as S-Corp or C-Corporation.
- Create your business entity. The simplest type of business is a sole proprietorship, which doesn’t require filing organizational documents. To create an LLC, you need to file articles of organization with the Department of State.
- File the license or permit applications. Businesses in New York require different regulatory licenses and permits. The licenses cover health, safety and environment requirements; building and construction; and other requirements within your specific industry. You may also need a professional and occupational license to work in some fields.
- Business location. Location is critical when you start a business. Make sure to confirm if your business meets all local zoning regulations.
Working with an experienced business lawyer from the boutique law firm of Albert Maimone & Associates makes this process easier and more efficient. Your lawyer guides you on the legal implications at every step to ensure compliance. Get legal advice to ground your business from the start.
What People Say
Albert was a recommendation from a friend, and we were very grateful for this because Albert and his team were empathetic with our situation (this was an estate sale that was long and arduous). Albert went above and beyond for us by communicating with the estate lawyers, diligently reviewing and correcting all documents, negotiating on our behalf and most importantly was always willing to assist us (he was superb with his follow-up and replies to any of our inquiries). Thank you Albert! We highly recommend him!
What People Say
Ive used Albert Maimone for about 5 years and he has always looked out for me. He helped me purchase my house and get my mortgage and has also helped me out with tennant non payment cases .When ever i have a question or concern he always gets back to me fast and his rates a very reasonable. He has a lot of knowledge and experience in the law field, and his track record speaks for its self .Very simply he treats his clients like his family and i appreciate that.I look foward to keep using Albert in my future financial transactions. In conclusion I Highly Highly Highly recommend Albert Maimone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What People Say
I have used Mr Maimone for three property closings and I must say here is a Man you can trust with your life. He protects his clients to no end in one deal he found so many loop holes in the contract that no one else would ever take the time to find,it was amazing, so much so that at the closing the other sides Attorney could not stop praising Mr Maimone to the point he had to admit that he had learned so much from working with Mr Maimone. I recommend him to all My family and friends and always have them raving to me on how great he is after they use him in my eyes he's the best and I would never use anyone else.
The business lawyers at the Albert Maimone & Associates law practice offer a client-centered approach for individuals and businesses. The legal team offers free consultations, case evaluations and the highest quality legal services without charging the big firm legal fees. Working with an experienced New York business lawyer protects you, whether you want to start a new business or close an existing business. Whatever business type you want to set up or dissolve, contact the best business lawyers in Queens.
Albert Maimone & Associates P.C.127-16 14th Avenue
College Point, Queens, NY 11356 (718) 357-1216